Our School at a Glance
As a program of the Greater Albany Public School District, Albany Online, uses K¹² and FuelEd curriculum to offer students in grades K-12 an exceptional learning experience. Through individualized learning approaches, Albany Online provides the tools students need to succeed—in school and beyond.
Here’s why families have chosen Albany Online for their students:
- Exceptional, individualized K¹² curriculum. Based on decades of education research, this curriculum packages high-quality lessons with mastery-based assessments, ensuring that students achieve success at each and every level.
- Tuition-free public education that provides a learning experience individualized for each student’s success.
- Nationally qualified and Oregon certified teachers provide individualized instruction, tutorials and supplemental learning aids to assist students in meeting their goals.
- Convenience! Online classes are accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week from virtually any location with internet access.
- Parents and teachers work together to support student achievement. Together you will design practice opportunities and tutorial sessions that support student learning.
- Kindergarten through fifth grade students will receive online planning and assessment tools, resources and hands-on materials such as textbooks, science kits, maps, and beautifully illustrated classic children’s storybooks.
- High school students will receive core curriculum courses as well as the opportunity to explore hundreds of electives through a rich assortment of career, technical education classes.
- Albany Online high school students can earn an accredited diploma through the Greater Albany Public School District.
How Does It Work?
Albany Online uses curriculum provided by K¹² and FuelEd. Learning can happen at home, on the road, or wherever an Internet connection can be found. While attendance, teacher interaction, and daily lessons are conducted online, our lessons use physical materials and offline tools as well.
For middle and high school students, Albany Online uses the FuelEd curriculum. Whether targeting a top-tier, 4-year university, a local community college, or an immediate career, Albany Online prepares students to maximize their post-high school success.
State-certified Teachers, Superior Teaching Tools
At Albany Online, all students interact with one or more state-certified teachers (depending on the grade level) and communicate regularly with their teachers through e-mail, telephone, and online meetings. Each Albany Online family receives online and offline materials as needed, including a wide array of textbooks, CDs, videos, and other hands-on tools and resources when needed to enhance the learning experience. These materials complement the interactive online elements of our program, ensuring that students receive instruction using the best method for each subject matter.
Extensive School Support System
Albany Online also provides an extensive support system for both parents and students.
In grades 6-8, working closely with the teacher, the parent (or other responsible adult) helps to facilitate his or her progress and working to modify the pace and schedule as needed.
At the high school level the adult is less involved, as students work at more of a collective pace with a class of students in conjunction with the teacher. Each teacher is trained in his or her specific subject area. In addition, networking opportunities are provided through various events and outings, enabling the entire school community to keep in contact.
Individualized Learning, Public School Accountability
In addition to providing individualized learning, as an online public school program, Albany Online provides the structure, administrative support, oversight, accountability, and state testing required of all public school students.
Why Albany Online?
- Highly regarded curriculum developed by the education experts at K12
- Instruction and support from passionate, experienced, Oregon licensed teachers
- Interactive and adaptive online learning options
- 24 Hour online support for technology issues and curriculum questions
- The opportunity to be dual enrolled with your resident GAPS school
- Easy access to local administrative staff and services
- LIVE humans answer the telephone to assist you
Albany Online Immunization Rates
Letter from the Leadership Team
Albany Online is a public school program using an innovative educational model to provide your child with the best online education possible. As a program within the Greater Albany Public School District, and available Statewide, our unique educational approach allows us to tailor an education that is specific to each learner.
Albany Online uses the award-winning K¹² and FuelEd curriculum, which has been developed by some of the best minds in education. This rigorous, content-rich curriculum meets or exceeds state standards across all subject areas. Students demonstrate their knowledge and skills through state standardized tests.
By enrolling in our school, you are partnering with a team of knowledgeable and experienced educators. Teachers work with you in monitoring student progress, attendance, and content mastery while providing professional insight, instruction, and support. Our administrative staff is committed to the success of every child in the program.
We are proud of our program, and we believe it is an excellent choice for families who are interested in getting actively involved in their children’s education. The parents’ role as learning coach is crucial to the success of online students.
We know that choosing the right educational setting for your child is an important decision for any parent to make. We encourage you to learn more about our program and how it may benefit your child. Our dedicated staff is here to assist you as you go through this exciting endeavor. On behalf of the Albany Online staff, we hope you will consider our award winning program.
The Albany Online Team